From Your Skin-Care Specialists at Genesis MedSpa
“How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?” – Satchel Paige
Upon entering our 40’s, 50’s and 60’s, many of us look in the mirror and wonder how and when our skin started looking so much older than we feel. Our dry, sun-filled Colorado environment is one factor that predisposes many of us to develop poor texture, “age spots” and wrinkles. Cigarettes, poor nutrition, hereditary factors, certain medications and use of non-medical-grade skin products also contribute to poor skin health.
When people look at us their impression of our age is, in large part, based upon the health of our skin. Just as we work to maximize the health of the rest of our body, it is essential as we grow older to maintain the health of our skin. Here are some suggestions on keeping your skin young and healthy.
-Topical Vitamin C, Growth Factors and Retinol products are especially important for aging skin. These are important to reverse existing damage as well as prevent future damage. It is critical to use medical-grade products and not products that are sold without physician oversight. Medical-grade skincare products have been developed and researched to the point that they have a sufficient amount of the active ingredient to actually make changes in your skin.
– Never skip sunscreen! Sunscreen not only protects your skin from skin cancer, it also protects against photoaging, which appears as dark spots, sagging skin and wrinkles. Genesis MedSpa offers many options that make sunscreen easy to use such as colorless powders and tinted sunscreens.
– Cosmetic use of Botox is a safe, easy way to get rid of unwanted wrinkles in the forehead, around the eyes and in the glabella area (in between the eyebrows). These wrinkles can make us look angry, tired and worried, and getting rid of them helps achieve a more relaxed and softened appearance.
– Fillers such as Juvederm, Voluma and Radiesse can be used to “plump up” deep wrinkles like the lines that form from the bottom of the nose to the lips. Our cheeks and chins lose volume as we age, which make them other popular areas for filler. The deep lines and collogen loss can make us look angry or tied, diminishing them creates a more youthful, rested appearance.
– Our Skin Fitness Club is a cost-effective way to get onto a regular schedule of anti-aging facials, which include exfoliation and mild chemical peels. Facials also help to hydrate your skin, improve elasticity and leave your skin looking brighter, softer and smoother.
– Genesis MedSpa uses a Syneron laser, which is a state-of-the-art laser, to safely and effectively remove “age spots”, improve skin texture, and improve skin tone by stimulating collagen production. We also offer Microneedling treatments, with or without radiofrequency energy, which improve acne scars, decrease pore size and tighten the skin, all with minimal down-time. We can customize treatment protocols which will target your problem areas.
– Agnes Radio Frequency, PDO threading and J Plasma are excellent treatment options for tightening skin on the body or face. These cosmetic procedures use technology that is safe and minimally invasive to resolve skin issues with little downtime.
Your skin-care specialists at Genesis MedSpa can offer further ideas and answer any specific questions you might have on how to properly care for your skin and turn back time on the signs of aging. Please don’t hesitate to call us at 719-579-6890.